Friday 16 March 2018

Printing of A2 poster

Today I finally got round to printing my A2 deliverable for cell phone symphony. It was a big relief to finally get it done. Although for me its more of a box ticking exercise as I already have my a3 prototype which I have written about as if it were my final. I will not make another prototype in a2 for time reasons and also because its already been acknowledged that I wouldn't be able to produce the concept to any higher standard. However this being said I was not passive in printing off the a2 print and made sure I researched paper stock. In the end I went with digi wallpaper due to its 175gsm thickness being a perfect compromise between poster paper and card. The poser would need to be thicker than average to support the weight of the xylophone. Another reason for this is the fact that digi wallpaper is slightly off white meaning the poster no longer needs its off white background colour as it can be provided naturally by the paper stock. The colours also came out a lot more true as expected from digital print. This allowed for increased definition of the floating number against the image of Golan Levin, reducing ambiguity and improving the quality of the poster. I ensured that there was a uncropped space at the bottom of the design from which cans could be hung. I feel in general the design is very effective and when handed in along with the prototype will be an appropriate answer to the brief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment